Our Annual General Meeting was held last week, and members of our steering group, and volunteers were invited to attend to hear the reports from each section. Trussell Trust Area Manager Gareth Duffield also attended and was able to answer questions from our volunteers.
The statistics for October 2017 to October 2018 were as follows:
- In the last 12 months, 722 food parcels have been given out. In total 1400 people were fed, of which 550 were children.
- Our most substantial donations have come in from the Tesco Brownhills collections at 4220kg, and the most popular time for other donations is Harvest, with 2611kg coming in which is a 17% increase from last year, followed by Christmas with 1927kg.
- Donations in overall for period 2017/2018 amount to 13635kg
- Goods distributed for period 2017/2018 amount to 13470kg
- From total amount of goods distributed: 6034kg were emergency food boxes for Walsall Council crisis team, and 6613kg were given to clients at our foodbank.
- The main reason why clients have been referred to us is from benefit delays.
Also this week, we have received donations of Advent Calendars from Millfields Nursery and St John’s CE Primary, Walsall Wood. We will be giving those out to families from this Friday.